Information about Sundays matches.
Posted: March 2, 2018 | Announcements, Notices | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
All matches that are due to be played on grass pitches are cancelled for this weekend, 4th March 2018.
This includes all ages groups and formats of football from U7s to U16s.
3G pitches will be inspected at 10.30 on Saturday morning and a decision made focussing on the welfare of the children. This will be based on the pitch conditions, safety of the pitch surroundings & roads and the weather forecast for Sunday.
Deadline Day for Registrations and Transfers.
Posted: March 1, 2018 | Announcements, Notices | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
Sunday 4 March – Peters and Hunt
Given that Leagues Hunt and Peters did not play last week, and the forecast for the days up to Sunday is not good and there is a likelihood that this weeks games on grass could be called off at Bustleholme and Shelfield, it has been decided to move the fixtures to 3g venues for this week only.
It does mean that the kick offs will be in the afternoon, The changes are:
League Hunt – Move from Shelfield to Oak Park
League Peters – Move from Bustleholme to Grace Academy
The fixtures and times are on the fixtures page of the web site
Please note that there is a Dance Competition on at Oak Park, and so all teams are asked to use the car park by KFC off the Lichfield Road, post code WS9 9NP
The post code for Grace Academy is: WS10 8QG
REMINDER: Deadline day for registrations and transfers is this FRIDAY 2nd March.2018
Posted: February 28, 2018 | Announcements | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
This Friday is the last day for registering or transferring new players. If you wish to add to your squads please contact your age group secretary to arrange a time to complete any transfers or registrations.
Pelsall EDC mini soccer 25 February
Due to the likelihood of frost all kick off times have been put back one hour at Pelsall EDC tomorrow.
Walsall Phoenix Dragons U9s are looking to recruit an experienced striker to join an established friendly team.
We train on Thursday evening at Shelfield and play in the Walsall Junior Youth League every Sunday (kick off times vary).
Walsall Phoenix are a well known established FA Charter Standard Club with over 15 teams playing at every age group from U7s to open age.
The team is a family orientated friendly group and we are looking to add a friendly, competent striker who is committed to training and playing every week.
If you are interested please contact Mark on 07971 813604.
Sneyd All Stars Panthers u9’s
Looking for additional players to join our team.
Contact Newell 07447 374120
Cancellation of WJYFL Fixtures Meeting – 4th January 2018
Please note that the fixtures meeting planned for this Thursday has been cancelled.
The mini soccer fixtures for January have been emailed and are also on the League web site.
Teams who need to register players should contact John Coleman directly and arrange a time to take the paperwork to his house. Please note that this must be done before midday on Friday 5th January 2018. John can be contacted on 01922 866489.
As we enter the second half of the season there were a number of issues that I wanted to pick up with regards to Mini Soccer, and I will raise at the fixtures meeting on the 26th January, however, it is worth listing them now:
It is important to note that Coaches set the example to all. If they are calm and respectful to other coaches, refs etc it has a massive effect on the parents and players. All coaches should be asked to adopt a purely positive attitude to everything that happens and to really see things for what they are – an opportunity for children to play football in a safe environment and have some fun along the way. Please remember the coach is responsible for the behaviour of players and team spectators.
Administration & Organisation:
- Have money and player registration sheet ready on arrival at Centre.
- Even better get a parent to sort it for the Manager each week.
- Arrive on time, ie at least 10 minutes before kick off.
- Remember to hand in the player registration sheet at the end of the game with scores entered in the bottom section and signed off.
- Car Parking – Ask parents to park as requested at all centres. This is for safety reasons and to ensure that the centres do not interfere with residents and other users of facilities.
- Referee abuse – Most Referees are under 18 and Children. Continuous criticism of Referees will not be tolerated.
- Given the number of games the instances of abuse are few, but it is still not acceptable at all.
- Foul throws – All teams need to work on taking legal throw-ins, particularly under 9’s and under 10’s.
- Managers encroaching on the pitch – With Respect barriers in place there is no excuse for Managers to be on the field of play, they spoil the enjoyment of the games for the players and it can be dangerous.
- Make sure team equipment, bags, drinks bottles etc are well clear of the edge of the field of play.
- Make sure your team is ready to kick off at the correct time. Some teams are still having team talks when the Referee and opposition are lined up to play. This is not acceptable.
- Two minutes only for half time.
- After your first game, if you do not have a break, move immediately to your next pitch. There is no time for another team talk.
- After your final game move from the field of play immediately before you give your team talk. There is another games ready to start.
- Warming up – At 3g Centres there is not always room to warm up on the playing surface, so use grassed areas near-by, but make sure boots are cleaned before going on the pitches.
Please make sure all coaches in your club are aware of these points.
WJYFL Mini Soccer Coordinator
SNEYD ALL STARS JCF CIC
Posted: December 20, 2017 | Notices | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 16's, Under 17's, Under 18's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
SNEYD ALL STARS JCF CIC
Casual paid positions available min FA Level 2
Volunteers pref FA Level 1 but experience considered
07791 528883 or Sneyd.email@example.com
SNOW – SUNDAY 10 DECEMBER
Posted: December 9, 2017 | Announcements | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 16's, Under 17's, Under 18's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
The league have made the decision that ALL football this weekend is OFF
It is not necessary to send in postponement forms for the 9 v 9 or 11 v11 matches.